- Bummer April 4
A $2,500 bra, a $400 thong, and thousands of dollars in other pieces of fancy lingerie went missing from a Vogue photo shoot with Madonna. According to the New York Police Department, the purported pricey heist occurred two weeks ago during the Material Girl's shoot with Italian Vogue. A spokesperson for designer Deborah Maquit said a bag containing the undergarments disappeared from under a chair while the shoot was wrapping up.
"It was a Madonna shoot for L'uomo Mag and it would be ideal is if [sic] someone found the bag of lingerie," the spokesperson said in an email to DNAInfo. "Deborah would love to get her collection pieces returned." Photos of the shoot also appeared on the singer's Instagram, including featuring her hairy armpit.
A Madonna spokesperson didn't respond to DNAInfo for comment.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week