- Whatever You Say April 4
Of all the toys that may spark outrage, Lego bricks probably aren't the first thing that comes to mind. But according to Father Slawomir Kostrzewa, the plastic blocks are the playthings of the devil.
Kostrzewa took particular offense with the brand's new Monster Fighters line, which he claims is "about darkness and the world of death" and will consequently covert children into Satan worshipers.
"These toys can have a negative effect on children," Kostrzewa said. "They can destroy their souls and lead them to the dark side."
Kostrzewa has previously spoken out against Hello Kitty and My Little Pony. And here we were, thinking Lego wanted to instill the positive message that everything is awesome.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
Subscribe to the Week