- Bummer April 4
It looks like the line for Cronuts at New York City's Dominique Ansel Bakery is finally going to subside. The bakery was shut down by the New York Department of Health today due to a "severe mouse infestation."
The DOH caught wind of the infestation after Gothamist posted a video from a tipster showing a mouse scurrying across the bakery's floor.
"Due to the video that was released, the health department used it as evidence to ask us to re-cement and closed down the bakery for extermination," Dominique Ansel Bakery said in a statement. The bakery is hoping to re-open on Monday.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week