- Bummer April 4
It looks like the line for Cronuts at New York City's Dominique Ansel Bakery is finally going to subside. The bakery was shut down by the New York Department of Health today due to a "severe mouse infestation."
The DOH caught wind of the infestation after Gothamist posted a video from a tipster showing a mouse scurrying across the bakery's floor.
"Due to the video that was released, the health department used it as evidence to ask us to re-cement and closed down the bakery for extermination," Dominique Ansel Bakery said in a statement. The bakery is hoping to re-open on Monday.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week