- Bummer April 4
It looks like the line for Cronuts at New York City's Dominique Ansel Bakery is finally going to subside. The bakery was shut down by the New York Department of Health today due to a "severe mouse infestation."
The DOH caught wind of the infestation after Gothamist posted a video from a tipster showing a mouse scurrying across the bakery's floor.
"Due to the video that was released, the health department used it as evidence to ask us to re-cement and closed down the bakery for extermination," Dominique Ansel Bakery said in a statement. The bakery is hoping to re-open on Monday.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week