- Bummer April 4
It looks like the line for Cronuts at New York City's Dominique Ansel Bakery is finally going to subside. The bakery was shut down by the New York Department of Health today due to a "severe mouse infestation."
The DOH caught wind of the infestation after Gothamist posted a video from a tipster showing a mouse scurrying across the bakery's floor.
"Due to the video that was released, the health department used it as evidence to ask us to re-cement and closed down the bakery for extermination," Dominique Ansel Bakery said in a statement. The bakery is hoping to re-open on Monday.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week