- Bummer April 4
It looks like the line for Cronuts at New York City's Dominique Ansel Bakery is finally going to subside. The bakery was shut down by the New York Department of Health today due to a "severe mouse infestation."
The DOH caught wind of the infestation after Gothamist posted a video from a tipster showing a mouse scurrying across the bakery's floor.
"Due to the video that was released, the health department used it as evidence to ask us to re-cement and closed down the bakery for extermination," Dominique Ansel Bakery said in a statement. The bakery is hoping to re-open on Monday.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week