- Better late than never April 5
Making the joke about how the Goonies never say die would be pretty predictable here.
Less predictable is The Goonies director Richard Donner telling TMZ he finally plans to make a sequel to the 1986 cult classic movie. Donner said he wants to bring back his entire original cast, which throws some questions into the mix right away: The movie followed a group of erstwhile pre-teens, all of whom have aged 28 years.
Your guess is as good as ours, but you can take a nostalgia trip with then-and-now photos of some of the film's stars, below. --Sarah Eberspacher
Jeff Cohen: Chunk | (Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
Corey Feldman: Mouth | (Ben Horton/Getty Images for Rainbow Films, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
Martha Plimpton: Stef | (Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
Josh Brolin: Brand | (Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images for BFI, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week