- Better late than never April 5
Making the joke about how the Goonies never say die would be pretty predictable here.
Less predictable is The Goonies director Richard Donner telling TMZ he finally plans to make a sequel to the 1986 cult classic movie. Donner said he wants to bring back his entire original cast, which throws some questions into the mix right away: The movie followed a group of erstwhile pre-teens, all of whom have aged 28 years.
Your guess is as good as ours, but you can take a nostalgia trip with then-and-now photos of some of the film's stars, below. --Sarah Eberspacher
Jeff Cohen: Chunk | (Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
Corey Feldman: Mouth | (Ben Horton/Getty Images for Rainbow Films, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
Martha Plimpton: Stef | (Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
Josh Brolin: Brand | (Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images for BFI, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week