- Better late than never April 5
Making the joke about how the Goonies never say die would be pretty predictable here.
Less predictable is The Goonies director Richard Donner telling TMZ he finally plans to make a sequel to the 1986 cult classic movie. Donner said he wants to bring back his entire original cast, which throws some questions into the mix right away: The movie followed a group of erstwhile pre-teens, all of whom have aged 28 years.
Your guess is as good as ours, but you can take a nostalgia trip with then-and-now photos of some of the film's stars, below. --Sarah Eberspacher
Jeff Cohen: Chunk | (Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
Corey Feldman: Mouth | (Ben Horton/Getty Images for Rainbow Films, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
Martha Plimpton: Stef | (Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
Josh Brolin: Brand | (Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images for BFI, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week