- Better late than never April 5
Making the joke about how the Goonies never say die would be pretty predictable here.
Less predictable is The Goonies director Richard Donner telling TMZ he finally plans to make a sequel to the 1986 cult classic movie. Donner said he wants to bring back his entire original cast, which throws some questions into the mix right away: The movie followed a group of erstwhile pre-teens, all of whom have aged 28 years.
Your guess is as good as ours, but you can take a nostalgia trip with then-and-now photos of some of the film's stars, below. --Sarah Eberspacher
Jeff Cohen: Chunk | (Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
Corey Feldman: Mouth | (Ben Horton/Getty Images for Rainbow Films, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
Martha Plimpton: Stef | (Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
Josh Brolin: Brand | (Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images for BFI, Facebook.com/The Goonies)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week