- March Madness April 6
Apologies to your bracket, but this is the wildest finish to the NCAA tournament in history. The seventh-seeded UConn Huskies and the eighth-seeded Kentucky Wildcats both won Saturday night, setting up a title game showdown with the highest seed total ever. The previous high came in 2011 when No. 3 seed UConn beat No. 8 seed Butler in a game that seems downright predictable compared to this one.
UConn handily beat top overall seed Florida 63-53 Saturday, while Kentucky used a last-second three to top Wisconsin 74-73. Of the 11 million brackets filled out through ESPN, only 1,780 correctly predicated both UConn and Kentucky would make the final game — a hit rate of about 0.016 percent.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to make corn dogs
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week