- March Madness April 6
Apologies to your bracket, but this is the wildest finish to the NCAA tournament in history. The seventh-seeded UConn Huskies and the eighth-seeded Kentucky Wildcats both won Saturday night, setting up a title game showdown with the highest seed total ever. The previous high came in 2011 when No. 3 seed UConn beat No. 8 seed Butler in a game that seems downright predictable compared to this one.
UConn handily beat top overall seed Florida 63-53 Saturday, while Kentucky used a last-second three to top Wisconsin 74-73. Of the 11 million brackets filled out through ESPN, only 1,780 correctly predicated both UConn and Kentucky would make the final game — a hit rate of about 0.016 percent.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week