- Burned April 6
Now that ObamaCare has hit its target of enrolling 7 million people in health insurance plans, how are the folks over at Fox and Friends taking the news? According to Saturday Night Live's version of the Fox morning crew, they're still struggling to figure out the math of it all and, as always, treating the law as a deadly disaster.
In a segment Saturday, SNL's incarnation of the chipper trio brought on an "ObamaCare survivor," played by host Anna Kendrick, to talk about her struggles with the law. "My boss down at the restaurant said everybody had to have health care," Kendrick said. "Well, I'm no good at computers, so I had a few drinks and the next thing I know my boss has got himself stabbed with a fork and I'm out of a job."
SNL also poked fun at Fox's recent trouble graphically depicting ObamaCare's enrollment numbers, displaying a chart that falsely implied the law had not actually reached its enrollment goal:
Last week, the real Fox televised a chart that conveniently skewed the Y axis to make it seem as if ObamaCare was failing miserably when in fact it was not. The network ultimately apologized and aired a more realistic version of the same chart.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
Subscribe to the Week