- Burning questions April 6
We still don't know too much about the forthcoming Star Wars film, the seventh installment in the franchise, other than a few very general details: It will take place about 30 years after Return of the Jedi, and will probably include cameos from members of the original cast. (For a refresher, here's everything we know so far about the film.) In other words, the studio is doing a great job of keeping information about the film secret for now. So secret, in fact, that filming has quietly begun — even though the actors have yet to be revealed.
Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn disclosed that tidbit in a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter's Stephen Galloway. According to Horn, the filming started a few weeks of schedule, and the cast is mostly in place. Still, Horn declined to reveal any of the actors' names just yet — it's rumored that Adam Driver will play the villain — though he did confirm the film is supposed to come out in December 2015. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week