- Burning questions April 6
We still don't know too much about the forthcoming Star Wars film, the seventh installment in the franchise, other than a few very general details: It will take place about 30 years after Return of the Jedi, and will probably include cameos from members of the original cast. (For a refresher, here's everything we know so far about the film.) In other words, the studio is doing a great job of keeping information about the film secret for now. So secret, in fact, that filming has quietly begun — even though the actors have yet to be revealed.
Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn disclosed that tidbit in a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter's Stephen Galloway. According to Horn, the filming started a few weeks of schedule, and the cast is mostly in place. Still, Horn declined to reveal any of the actors' names just yet — it's rumored that Adam Driver will play the villain — though he did confirm the film is supposed to come out in December 2015. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week