- Burning questions April 6
We still don't know too much about the forthcoming Star Wars film, the seventh installment in the franchise, other than a few very general details: It will take place about 30 years after Return of the Jedi, and will probably include cameos from members of the original cast. (For a refresher, here's everything we know so far about the film.) In other words, the studio is doing a great job of keeping information about the film secret for now. So secret, in fact, that filming has quietly begun — even though the actors have yet to be revealed.
Disney Studios chairman Alan Horn disclosed that tidbit in a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter's Stephen Galloway. According to Horn, the filming started a few weeks of schedule, and the cast is mostly in place. Still, Horn declined to reveal any of the actors' names just yet — it's rumored that Adam Driver will play the villain — though he did confirm the film is supposed to come out in December 2015. --Jon Terbush
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week