- There Will Be Dragons April 7
Several hours before Game of Thrones started its new season on HBO, Saturday Night Live offered its own sort of preview of the show, an interview with the creator of the Westeros saga, George R.R. Martin (gleefully played by Bobby Moynihan), on Weekend Update. In SNL's imagining, Martin is burned out on writing and is candidly phoning it in. But he does offer some guidance for what fans should expect from his next book — sort of.
If you want to recap Sunday night's "Two Swords" episode, read Scott Meslow's review. If you want to avoid all spoilers, you can safely watch the SNL segment below. "Something very big is coming," says Moynihan's Martin. "Something very shocking is coming." Cecily Strong makes the obvious guess. It rhymes with "splinter." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 deliciously garlicky dishes for summer
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
Subscribe to the Week