- There Will Be Dragons April 7
Several hours before Game of Thrones started its new season on HBO, Saturday Night Live offered its own sort of preview of the show, an interview with the creator of the Westeros saga, George R.R. Martin (gleefully played by Bobby Moynihan), on Weekend Update. In SNL's imagining, Martin is burned out on writing and is candidly phoning it in. But he does offer some guidance for what fans should expect from his next book — sort of.
If you want to recap Sunday night's "Two Swords" episode, read Scott Meslow's review. If you want to avoid all spoilers, you can safely watch the SNL segment below. "Something very big is coming," says Moynihan's Martin. "Something very shocking is coming." Cecily Strong makes the obvious guess. It rhymes with "splinter." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What if The Purge was real?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
Subscribe to the Week