- There Will Be Dragons April 7
Several hours before Game of Thrones started its new season on HBO, Saturday Night Live offered its own sort of preview of the show, an interview with the creator of the Westeros saga, George R.R. Martin (gleefully played by Bobby Moynihan), on Weekend Update. In SNL's imagining, Martin is burned out on writing and is candidly phoning it in. But he does offer some guidance for what fans should expect from his next book — sort of.
If you want to recap Sunday night's "Two Swords" episode, read Scott Meslow's review. If you want to avoid all spoilers, you can safely watch the SNL segment below. "Something very big is coming," says Moynihan's Martin. "Something very shocking is coming." Cecily Strong makes the obvious guess. It rhymes with "splinter." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week