- There Will Be Dragons April 7
Several hours before Game of Thrones started its new season on HBO, Saturday Night Live offered its own sort of preview of the show, an interview with the creator of the Westeros saga, George R.R. Martin (gleefully played by Bobby Moynihan), on Weekend Update. In SNL's imagining, Martin is burned out on writing and is candidly phoning it in. But he does offer some guidance for what fans should expect from his next book — sort of.
If you want to recap Sunday night's "Two Swords" episode, read Scott Meslow's review. If you want to avoid all spoilers, you can safely watch the SNL segment below. "Something very big is coming," says Moynihan's Martin. "Something very shocking is coming." Cecily Strong makes the obvious guess. It rhymes with "splinter." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week