- There Will Be Dragons April 7
Several hours before Game of Thrones started its new season on HBO, Saturday Night Live offered its own sort of preview of the show, an interview with the creator of the Westeros saga, George R.R. Martin (gleefully played by Bobby Moynihan), on Weekend Update. In SNL's imagining, Martin is burned out on writing and is candidly phoning it in. But he does offer some guidance for what fans should expect from his next book — sort of.
If you want to recap Sunday night's "Two Swords" episode, read Scott Meslow's review. If you want to avoid all spoilers, you can safely watch the SNL segment below. "Something very big is coming," says Moynihan's Martin. "Something very shocking is coming." Cecily Strong makes the obvious guess. It rhymes with "splinter." --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week