- exit this way April 7
ABC News announced that May 16 will be Barbara Walters' last day on The View. The storied journalist, who initially announced her retirement plans more than a year ago, will also be the focus of a two-hour primetime special about her 50-year career that will air that evening.
Walters joined ABC in 1976 and became the first female anchor of an evening news program. She has hosted 20/20, and was instrumental in the creation of the daytime talk show The View in 1997. ABC News plans to rename its New York headquarters after the 84-year-old journalist sometime this spring.
Read more at The Wrap.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week