- exit this way April 7
ABC News announced that May 16 will be Barbara Walters' last day on The View. The storied journalist, who initially announced her retirement plans more than a year ago, will also be the focus of a two-hour primetime special about her 50-year career that will air that evening.
Walters joined ABC in 1976 and became the first female anchor of an evening news program. She has hosted 20/20, and was instrumental in the creation of the daytime talk show The View in 1997. ABC News plans to rename its New York headquarters after the 84-year-old journalist sometime this spring.
Read more at The Wrap.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week