- exit this way April 7
ABC News announced that May 16 will be Barbara Walters' last day on The View. The storied journalist, who initially announced her retirement plans more than a year ago, will also be the focus of a two-hour primetime special about her 50-year career that will air that evening.
Walters joined ABC in 1976 and became the first female anchor of an evening news program. She has hosted 20/20, and was instrumental in the creation of the daytime talk show The View in 1997. ABC News plans to rename its New York headquarters after the 84-year-old journalist sometime this spring.
Read more at The Wrap.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
Subscribe to the Week