- exit this way April 7
ABC News announced that May 16 will be Barbara Walters' last day on The View. The storied journalist, who initially announced her retirement plans more than a year ago, will also be the focus of a two-hour primetime special about her 50-year career that will air that evening.
Walters joined ABC in 1976 and became the first female anchor of an evening news program. She has hosted 20/20, and was instrumental in the creation of the daytime talk show The View in 1997. ABC News plans to rename its New York headquarters after the 84-year-old journalist sometime this spring.
Read more at The Wrap.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The girl who wouldn't die
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week