- Really? April 7
In what may be the most stereotypically San Francisco crime ever, vandals are flipping over Smart Cars throughout the particularly tech-y city. Police are investigating a string of "car-tipping" incidents in which a group of men wearing hoodies were spotted trawling the city's neighborhoods and turning over three of the 1,500-pound cars before fleeing the scene.
"I thought they looked like they were up to no good and then sure enough they walk up to this Smart Car right here, all huddle around it and just lift it up and set it on its hind legs — that's pretty much it," witness Brandon Michael told KGO-TV. "They look like they are dachshunds sitting up on their hind legs."
The SFPD says they're investigating the incident and and no arrests have been made so far. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
Subscribe to the Week