- Really? April 7
In what may be the most stereotypically San Francisco crime ever, vandals are flipping over Smart Cars throughout the particularly tech-y city. Police are investigating a string of "car-tipping" incidents in which a group of men wearing hoodies were spotted trawling the city's neighborhoods and turning over three of the 1,500-pound cars before fleeing the scene.
"I thought they looked like they were up to no good and then sure enough they walk up to this Smart Car right here, all huddle around it and just lift it up and set it on its hind legs — that's pretty much it," witness Brandon Michael told KGO-TV. "They look like they are dachshunds sitting up on their hind legs."
The SFPD says they're investigating the incident and and no arrests have been made so far. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week