- Coming Soon April 7
Still reeling from the franchise-altering events of this weekend's Captain America: The Winter Soldier? For his next solo mission, the Marvel superhero will be squaring off against an even more powerful rival: Warner Bros' Batman vs. Superman. Marvel has announced that Captain America 3 will hit theaters on May 6, 2016 — the very same day that the upcoming Man of Steel sequel is scheduled to be released.
But as fascinating as it would be to see Marvel and D.C. pit two of their highest-profile superheroes against one another in a fight for box-office glory — if only to see the arguments that would inevitably break out at the midnight screenings — you probably shouldn't get too excited. Though no formal announcement has been made, The Hollywood Reporter speculates that Warner Bros. is now likely to move Batman vs. Superman's release date to one of several other weekends later that summer — if only to avoid a possible pummeling from its much better-reviewed rival.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week