- Coming Soon April 7
Still reeling from the franchise-altering events of this weekend's Captain America: The Winter Soldier? For his next solo mission, the Marvel superhero will be squaring off against an even more powerful rival: Warner Bros' Batman vs. Superman. Marvel has announced that Captain America 3 will hit theaters on May 6, 2016 — the very same day that the upcoming Man of Steel sequel is scheduled to be released.
But as fascinating as it would be to see Marvel and D.C. pit two of their highest-profile superheroes against one another in a fight for box-office glory — if only to see the arguments that would inevitably break out at the midnight screenings — you probably shouldn't get too excited. Though no formal announcement has been made, The Hollywood Reporter speculates that Warner Bros. is now likely to move Batman vs. Superman's release date to one of several other weekends later that summer — if only to avoid a possible pummeling from its much better-reviewed rival.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week