- Coming Soon April 7
Still reeling from the franchise-altering events of this weekend's Captain America: The Winter Soldier? For his next solo mission, the Marvel superhero will be squaring off against an even more powerful rival: Warner Bros' Batman vs. Superman. Marvel has announced that Captain America 3 will hit theaters on May 6, 2016 — the very same day that the upcoming Man of Steel sequel is scheduled to be released.
But as fascinating as it would be to see Marvel and D.C. pit two of their highest-profile superheroes against one another in a fight for box-office glory — if only to see the arguments that would inevitably break out at the midnight screenings — you probably shouldn't get too excited. Though no formal announcement has been made, The Hollywood Reporter speculates that Warner Bros. is now likely to move Batman vs. Superman's release date to one of several other weekends later that summer — if only to avoid a possible pummeling from its much better-reviewed rival.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
Subscribe to the Week