- Coming Soon April 7
Still reeling from the franchise-altering events of this weekend's Captain America: The Winter Soldier? For his next solo mission, the Marvel superhero will be squaring off against an even more powerful rival: Warner Bros' Batman vs. Superman. Marvel has announced that Captain America 3 will hit theaters on May 6, 2016 — the very same day that the upcoming Man of Steel sequel is scheduled to be released.
But as fascinating as it would be to see Marvel and D.C. pit two of their highest-profile superheroes against one another in a fight for box-office glory — if only to see the arguments that would inevitably break out at the midnight screenings — you probably shouldn't get too excited. Though no formal announcement has been made, The Hollywood Reporter speculates that Warner Bros. is now likely to move Batman vs. Superman's release date to one of several other weekends later that summer — if only to avoid a possible pummeling from its much better-reviewed rival.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week