- Coming Soon April 7
Still reeling from the franchise-altering events of this weekend's Captain America: The Winter Soldier? For his next solo mission, the Marvel superhero will be squaring off against an even more powerful rival: Warner Bros' Batman vs. Superman. Marvel has announced that Captain America 3 will hit theaters on May 6, 2016 — the very same day that the upcoming Man of Steel sequel is scheduled to be released.
But as fascinating as it would be to see Marvel and D.C. pit two of their highest-profile superheroes against one another in a fight for box-office glory — if only to see the arguments that would inevitably break out at the midnight screenings — you probably shouldn't get too excited. Though no formal announcement has been made, The Hollywood Reporter speculates that Warner Bros. is now likely to move Batman vs. Superman's release date to one of several other weekends later that summer — if only to avoid a possible pummeling from its much better-reviewed rival.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 10 things you need to know today: October 30, 2014
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week