- This is a big deal April 7
Adweek magazine is applauding this PSA against texting and driving for not softening the truth. The ad, produced by The Tombras Group for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, was released last week, in time for National Distracted Driving Awareness Month.
While the U.S. has produced other "don't text and drive" PSAs — such as AT&T's "Don't text and drive" documentary — most of these ads omit or fade out the jarring scenes. The Tombras Group's 30-second ad, which Adweek calls "straightforward" and "brutal," proves just how emotionally powerful a frank PSA can be.
Watch the ad below, and be warned that there is some violence. --Kaitlin Roberts
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Surviving a plane crash
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Stop freaking out over the West's jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week