- This just in April 7
Peaches Geldof, daughter of singer Bob Geldof, has died at the age of 25, reports BBC News. Police say ambulances were called to a house in Kent, England this afternoon to check on the condition of a woman. It's unclear how she died, but Kent Police released a statement saying Geldof's death is being treated as "unexpected and sudden."
Geldof is best known for her media and modeling work in the United Kingdom. At 15, she wrote a column in Elle magazine and since has hosted several television shows. She is survived by her musician husband Thomas Cohen and their two young sons, Astala and Phaedra.
Read more at BBC News.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week