- This just in April 7
Peaches Geldof, daughter of singer Bob Geldof, has died at the age of 25, reports BBC News. Police say ambulances were called to a house in Kent, England this afternoon to check on the condition of a woman. It's unclear how she died, but Kent Police released a statement saying Geldof's death is being treated as "unexpected and sudden."
Geldof is best known for her media and modeling work in the United Kingdom. At 15, she wrote a column in Elle magazine and since has hosted several television shows. She is survived by her musician husband Thomas Cohen and their two young sons, Astala and Phaedra.
Read more at BBC News.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week