- This just in April 7
Peaches Geldof, daughter of singer Bob Geldof, has died at the age of 25, reports BBC News. Police say ambulances were called to a house in Kent, England this afternoon to check on the condition of a woman. It's unclear how she died, but Kent Police released a statement saying Geldof's death is being treated as "unexpected and sudden."
Geldof is best known for her media and modeling work in the United Kingdom. At 15, she wrote a column in Elle magazine and since has hosted several television shows. She is survived by her musician husband Thomas Cohen and their two young sons, Astala and Phaedra.
Read more at BBC News.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week