- This just in April 7
Peaches Geldof, daughter of singer Bob Geldof, has died at the age of 25, reports BBC News. Police say ambulances were called to a house in Kent, England this afternoon to check on the condition of a woman. It's unclear how she died, but Kent Police released a statement saying Geldof's death is being treated as "unexpected and sudden."
Geldof is best known for her media and modeling work in the United Kingdom. At 15, she wrote a column in Elle magazine and since has hosted several television shows. She is survived by her musician husband Thomas Cohen and their two young sons, Astala and Phaedra.
Read more at BBC News.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week