- Noted April 7
Students at the University of Calgary finally have something to brag about to their parents. More than 500 kids are close to holding the world record for being the largest group to get tested for a sexually transmitted infection within a 24-hour period.
The university's health center had several hundred students get tested last Thursday for gonorrhea and chlamydia. The event is intended to encourage people to get tested for STIs. Officials from Guinness are still verifying if the record was broken, but the university says it is confident that they have bypassed the previous record of 500 people.
According to CBC News, the event had a "'carnival-like' atmosphere" so students wouldn't feel ashamed to get tested in the future.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 5 deliciously creative oats recipes
Subscribe to the Week