- This is terrible April 7
A New Mexico woman bit into her burger from Applebee's and found the exact opposite of what she wanted: a metal bolt. Diana Almarez, the victim's sister, told KOB-TV that her sister found the bolt Saturday in a plate of sliders.
"She bit into it and got a funny look on her face and we said what's wrong?" Almarez said. "As she kind of pulled the slider out of her mouth a little bit, there was this bolt."
Needless to say, she wasn't thrilled about finding the inedible object embedded into the patty. Although the waiter gave them the meal for free, the family was alarmed to discover that the restaurant kept serving the sliders directly after the incident. "I think they should have stopped selling the slider meat right then and there until they figure out where it came from, find out who processed the hamburger," Almarez said.
An Applebee's spokesman said the company is reviewing the matter. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week