- This is terrible April 7
A New Mexico woman bit into her burger from Applebee's and found the exact opposite of what she wanted: a metal bolt. Diana Almarez, the victim's sister, told KOB-TV that her sister found the bolt Saturday in a plate of sliders.
"She bit into it and got a funny look on her face and we said what's wrong?" Almarez said. "As she kind of pulled the slider out of her mouth a little bit, there was this bolt."
Needless to say, she wasn't thrilled about finding the inedible object embedded into the patty. Although the waiter gave them the meal for free, the family was alarmed to discover that the restaurant kept serving the sliders directly after the incident. "I think they should have stopped selling the slider meat right then and there until they figure out where it came from, find out who processed the hamburger," Almarez said.
An Applebee's spokesman said the company is reviewing the matter. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week