- This is terrible April 7
A New Mexico woman bit into her burger from Applebee's and found the exact opposite of what she wanted: a metal bolt. Diana Almarez, the victim's sister, told KOB-TV that her sister found the bolt Saturday in a plate of sliders.
"She bit into it and got a funny look on her face and we said what's wrong?" Almarez said. "As she kind of pulled the slider out of her mouth a little bit, there was this bolt."
Needless to say, she wasn't thrilled about finding the inedible object embedded into the patty. Although the waiter gave them the meal for free, the family was alarmed to discover that the restaurant kept serving the sliders directly after the incident. "I think they should have stopped selling the slider meat right then and there until they figure out where it came from, find out who processed the hamburger," Almarez said.
An Applebee's spokesman said the company is reviewing the matter. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week