- This is terrible April 7
A New Mexico woman bit into her burger from Applebee's and found the exact opposite of what she wanted: a metal bolt. Diana Almarez, the victim's sister, told KOB-TV that her sister found the bolt Saturday in a plate of sliders.
"She bit into it and got a funny look on her face and we said what's wrong?" Almarez said. "As she kind of pulled the slider out of her mouth a little bit, there was this bolt."
Needless to say, she wasn't thrilled about finding the inedible object embedded into the patty. Although the waiter gave them the meal for free, the family was alarmed to discover that the restaurant kept serving the sliders directly after the incident. "I think they should have stopped selling the slider meat right then and there until they figure out where it came from, find out who processed the hamburger," Almarez said.
An Applebee's spokesman said the company is reviewing the matter. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week