- Look at this April 8
Perhaps it's not a selfie with a photobombing earth, but the first Instagram taken from space is still pretty impressive. The photo, posted by the International Space Station's account, is of American astronaut Steven R. Swanson seen in the observatory module.
"Back on ISS, life is good," he wrote, captioning his photo with a humblebrag-approved list of hashtags including #earth, #space, and #iss (no mention of #nofilter, though). Maybe next time there will be an alien floating in the background. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- The militarization of America’s police
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
Subscribe to the Week