- Look at this April 8
Perhaps it's not a selfie with a photobombing earth, but the first Instagram taken from space is still pretty impressive. The photo, posted by the International Space Station's account, is of American astronaut Steven R. Swanson seen in the observatory module.
"Back on ISS, life is good," he wrote, captioning his photo with a humblebrag-approved list of hashtags including #earth, #space, and #iss (no mention of #nofilter, though). Maybe next time there will be an alien floating in the background. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Barack Obama's futile attempt to be a modern-day George Washington
Subscribe to the Week