- Look at this April 8
Perhaps it's not a selfie with a photobombing earth, but the first Instagram taken from space is still pretty impressive. The photo, posted by the International Space Station's account, is of American astronaut Steven R. Swanson seen in the observatory module.
"Back on ISS, life is good," he wrote, captioning his photo with a humblebrag-approved list of hashtags including #earth, #space, and #iss (no mention of #nofilter, though). Maybe next time there will be an alien floating in the background. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week