- Look at this April 8
Perhaps it's not a selfie with a photobombing earth, but the first Instagram taken from space is still pretty impressive. The photo, posted by the International Space Station's account, is of American astronaut Steven R. Swanson seen in the observatory module.
"Back on ISS, life is good," he wrote, captioning his photo with a humblebrag-approved list of hashtags including #earth, #space, and #iss (no mention of #nofilter, though). Maybe next time there will be an alien floating in the background. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week