- Look at this April 8
Perhaps it's not a selfie with a photobombing earth, but the first Instagram taken from space is still pretty impressive. The photo, posted by the International Space Station's account, is of American astronaut Steven R. Swanson seen in the observatory module.
"Back on ISS, life is good," he wrote, captioning his photo with a humblebrag-approved list of hashtags including #earth, #space, and #iss (no mention of #nofilter, though). Maybe next time there will be an alien floating in the background. --Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The week's best photojournalism
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
Subscribe to the Week