- There Will Be Dragons April 8
Last year, Game of Thrones/Mad Men fan fiction writers got their dream when Christina Hendricks — who plays Joan Holloway on Mad Men — conceded that she'd like to appear in Game of Thrones after her AMC drama wraps next year. In an appearance on Conan last night, Hendricks reiterated her desire to take a trip to Westeros.
"One day, someone said, 'what show would be fun?' And I was just thinking about all those pelts and horns and wolves and horses — or whatever they have — and I said, 'Game of Thrones!'" said Hendricks. "I thought it would be fun to sort of get into that whole time period, and all the crazy costumes. And the next thing you know, everyone was like, 'Christina wants to star in Game of Thrones!' I'd be thrilled. I'd be so lucky."
Hendricks concedes that she hasn't actually seen much of the series, so she has no idea which character she'd want to play — but curious Game of Thrones fans can start petitioning George R.R. Martin to write Melisandre's mysterious, foreign sister into the next book of the series. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week