- There Will Be Dragons April 8
Last year, Game of Thrones/Mad Men fan fiction writers got their dream when Christina Hendricks — who plays Joan Holloway on Mad Men — conceded that she'd like to appear in Game of Thrones after her AMC drama wraps next year. In an appearance on Conan last night, Hendricks reiterated her desire to take a trip to Westeros.
"One day, someone said, 'what show would be fun?' And I was just thinking about all those pelts and horns and wolves and horses — or whatever they have — and I said, 'Game of Thrones!'" said Hendricks. "I thought it would be fun to sort of get into that whole time period, and all the crazy costumes. And the next thing you know, everyone was like, 'Christina wants to star in Game of Thrones!' I'd be thrilled. I'd be so lucky."
Hendricks concedes that she hasn't actually seen much of the series, so she has no idea which character she'd want to play — but curious Game of Thrones fans can start petitioning George R.R. Martin to write Melisandre's mysterious, foreign sister into the next book of the series. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week