- There Will Be Dragons April 8
Last year, Game of Thrones/Mad Men fan fiction writers got their dream when Christina Hendricks — who plays Joan Holloway on Mad Men — conceded that she'd like to appear in Game of Thrones after her AMC drama wraps next year. In an appearance on Conan last night, Hendricks reiterated her desire to take a trip to Westeros.
"One day, someone said, 'what show would be fun?' And I was just thinking about all those pelts and horns and wolves and horses — or whatever they have — and I said, 'Game of Thrones!'" said Hendricks. "I thought it would be fun to sort of get into that whole time period, and all the crazy costumes. And the next thing you know, everyone was like, 'Christina wants to star in Game of Thrones!' I'd be thrilled. I'd be so lucky."
Hendricks concedes that she hasn't actually seen much of the series, so she has no idea which character she'd want to play — but curious Game of Thrones fans can start petitioning George R.R. Martin to write Melisandre's mysterious, foreign sister into the next book of the series. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
Subscribe to the Week