- Watch this April 8
The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza has a fantastic new story chronicling New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) rise to power, fall from grace, and alleged pettiness. And in it, he flagged some of the jocular abuse Christie took at the hands of various comedians during a roast earlier this month in honor of a former governor. Well, on Tuesday Lizza posted footage from the roast that captures former The View co-host Joy Behar tearing into the governor with digs about his "Bridgegate"candal. There are also lots of fat jokes.
"When I first heard that he was accused of blocking off three lanes on the bridge, I said, 'What the hell is he doing, standing in the middle of the bridge?'" she said.
You can read Lizza's entire fascinating story here. It's well worth your time.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week