- Watch this April 8
The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza has a fantastic new story chronicling New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) rise to power, fall from grace, and alleged pettiness. And in it, he flagged some of the jocular abuse Christie took at the hands of various comedians during a roast earlier this month in honor of a former governor. Well, on Tuesday Lizza posted footage from the roast that captures former The View co-host Joy Behar tearing into the governor with digs about his "Bridgegate"candal. There are also lots of fat jokes.
"When I first heard that he was accused of blocking off three lanes on the bridge, I said, 'What the hell is he doing, standing in the middle of the bridge?'" she said.
You can read Lizza's entire fascinating story here. It's well worth your time.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Why we gossip, according to science
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week