- Watch this April 8
The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza has a fantastic new story chronicling New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) rise to power, fall from grace, and alleged pettiness. And in it, he flagged some of the jocular abuse Christie took at the hands of various comedians during a roast earlier this month in honor of a former governor. Well, on Tuesday Lizza posted footage from the roast that captures former The View co-host Joy Behar tearing into the governor with digs about his "Bridgegate"candal. There are also lots of fat jokes.
"When I first heard that he was accused of blocking off three lanes on the bridge, I said, 'What the hell is he doing, standing in the middle of the bridge?'" she said.
You can read Lizza's entire fascinating story here. It's well worth your time.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week