- Watch this April 8
The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza has a fantastic new story chronicling New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) rise to power, fall from grace, and alleged pettiness. And in it, he flagged some of the jocular abuse Christie took at the hands of various comedians during a roast earlier this month in honor of a former governor. Well, on Tuesday Lizza posted footage from the roast that captures former The View co-host Joy Behar tearing into the governor with digs about his "Bridgegate"candal. There are also lots of fat jokes.
"When I first heard that he was accused of blocking off three lanes on the bridge, I said, 'What the hell is he doing, standing in the middle of the bridge?'" she said.
You can read Lizza's entire fascinating story here. It's well worth your time.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
Subscribe to the Week