- Watch this April 8
The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza has a fantastic new story chronicling New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's (R) rise to power, fall from grace, and alleged pettiness. And in it, he flagged some of the jocular abuse Christie took at the hands of various comedians during a roast earlier this month in honor of a former governor. Well, on Tuesday Lizza posted footage from the roast that captures former The View co-host Joy Behar tearing into the governor with digs about his "Bridgegate"candal. There are also lots of fat jokes.
"When I first heard that he was accused of blocking off three lanes on the bridge, I said, 'What the hell is he doing, standing in the middle of the bridge?'" she said.
You can read Lizza's entire fascinating story here. It's well worth your time.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
Subscribe to the Week