- Oops April 8
The only problem? Childers claimed that made UConn "the 2014 NAACP national champs."
The show cut to a package of the team defeating the Wildcats, 60-54, then back to Childers, who got the Huskies' actual title — 2014 NCAA champions — right on the second go:
Bobby Moynihan's Fox & Friends character actually made the same gaffe in a Saturday Night Live skit spoofing the Fox show this weekend (jump to the 24-second mark below), proving that in addition to being a comedy kingmaker, SNL head honcho Lorne Michaels may also be a psychic. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week