- Oops April 8
The only problem? Childers claimed that made UConn "the 2014 NAACP national champs."
The show cut to a package of the team defeating the Wildcats, 60-54, then back to Childers, who got the Huskies' actual title — 2014 NCAA champions — right on the second go:
Bobby Moynihan's Fox & Friends character actually made the same gaffe in a Saturday Night Live skit spoofing the Fox show this weekend (jump to the 24-second mark below), proving that in addition to being a comedy kingmaker, SNL head honcho Lorne Michaels may also be a psychic. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week