- Oops April 8
The only problem? Childers claimed that made UConn "the 2014 NAACP national champs."
The show cut to a package of the team defeating the Wildcats, 60-54, then back to Childers, who got the Huskies' actual title — 2014 NCAA champions — right on the second go:
Bobby Moynihan's Fox & Friends character actually made the same gaffe in a Saturday Night Live skit spoofing the Fox show this weekend (jump to the 24-second mark below), proving that in addition to being a comedy kingmaker, SNL head honcho Lorne Michaels may also be a psychic. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week