- Oops April 8
The only problem? Childers claimed that made UConn "the 2014 NAACP national champs."
The show cut to a package of the team defeating the Wildcats, 60-54, then back to Childers, who got the Huskies' actual title — 2014 NCAA champions — right on the second go:
Bobby Moynihan's Fox & Friends character actually made the same gaffe in a Saturday Night Live skit spoofing the Fox show this weekend (jump to the 24-second mark below), proving that in addition to being a comedy kingmaker, SNL head honcho Lorne Michaels may also be a psychic. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week