- Oops April 8
The only problem? Childers claimed that made UConn "the 2014 NAACP national champs."
The show cut to a package of the team defeating the Wildcats, 60-54, then back to Childers, who got the Huskies' actual title — 2014 NCAA champions — right on the second go:
Bobby Moynihan's Fox & Friends character actually made the same gaffe in a Saturday Night Live skit spoofing the Fox show this weekend (jump to the 24-second mark below), proving that in addition to being a comedy kingmaker, SNL head honcho Lorne Michaels may also be a psychic. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week