- There Will Be Dragons April 8
After a season four premiere that earned HBO its best ratings since the Sopranos finale, it's clear that audiences are eager to spend as much time as possible in Westeros — so it's no great surprise that HBO has renewed Game of Thrones for a fifth season and a sixth season.
For those keeping track at home, that means there are guaranteed to be at least 29 more episodes of Game of Thrones that you haven't seen yet (though probably not much more than that, since the showrunners' ideal scenario maxes out at seven or eight seasons). Still, it's a relief to know that we can look forward to several more years of Daenerys wandering around the desert, inexplicably refusing to fly her dragons back to Westeros.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
Subscribe to the Week