- There Will Be Dragons April 8
After a season four premiere that earned HBO its best ratings since the Sopranos finale, it's clear that audiences are eager to spend as much time as possible in Westeros — so it's no great surprise that HBO has renewed Game of Thrones for a fifth season and a sixth season.
For those keeping track at home, that means there are guaranteed to be at least 29 more episodes of Game of Thrones that you haven't seen yet (though probably not much more than that, since the showrunners' ideal scenario maxes out at seven or eight seasons). Still, it's a relief to know that we can look forward to several more years of Daenerys wandering around the desert, inexplicably refusing to fly her dragons back to Westeros.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week