- There Will Be Dragons April 8
After a season four premiere that earned HBO its best ratings since the Sopranos finale, it's clear that audiences are eager to spend as much time as possible in Westeros — so it's no great surprise that HBO has renewed Game of Thrones for a fifth season and a sixth season.
For those keeping track at home, that means there are guaranteed to be at least 29 more episodes of Game of Thrones that you haven't seen yet (though probably not much more than that, since the showrunners' ideal scenario maxes out at seven or eight seasons). Still, it's a relief to know that we can look forward to several more years of Daenerys wandering around the desert, inexplicably refusing to fly her dragons back to Westeros.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week