- There Will Be Dragons April 8
After a season four premiere that earned HBO its best ratings since the Sopranos finale, it's clear that audiences are eager to spend as much time as possible in Westeros — so it's no great surprise that HBO has renewed Game of Thrones for a fifth season and a sixth season.
For those keeping track at home, that means there are guaranteed to be at least 29 more episodes of Game of Thrones that you haven't seen yet (though probably not much more than that, since the showrunners' ideal scenario maxes out at seven or eight seasons). Still, it's a relief to know that we can look forward to several more years of Daenerys wandering around the desert, inexplicably refusing to fly her dragons back to Westeros.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week