- There Will Be Dragons April 8
After a season four premiere that earned HBO its best ratings since the Sopranos finale, it's clear that audiences are eager to spend as much time as possible in Westeros — so it's no great surprise that HBO has renewed Game of Thrones for a fifth season and a sixth season.
For those keeping track at home, that means there are guaranteed to be at least 29 more episodes of Game of Thrones that you haven't seen yet (though probably not much more than that, since the showrunners' ideal scenario maxes out at seven or eight seasons). Still, it's a relief to know that we can look forward to several more years of Daenerys wandering around the desert, inexplicably refusing to fly her dragons back to Westeros.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: December 27, 2014
- How one woman is standing up for India's abused husbands
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The 5 most important developments in climate change in 2014
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Why we can't educate racism away
- There's a raging Islamic insurgency in Thailand's strangest party town
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week