- Play ball April 8
Last November, San Francisco and the Make-A-Wish-Foundation teamed up to make five-year-old Miles Scott's dream of personally saving Gotham come true. Thus, Batkid was born. Part of Batkid's day-long adventure brought him to the Giants' AT&T Park, a place he returned to on Tuesday to throw out the first pitch before the team's home opener:
Great execution, Batkid. Not quite saving the day, but very cool nonetheless.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week