- Play ball April 8
Last November, San Francisco and the Make-A-Wish-Foundation teamed up to make five-year-old Miles Scott's dream of personally saving Gotham come true. Thus, Batkid was born. Part of Batkid's day-long adventure brought him to the Giants' AT&T Park, a place he returned to on Tuesday to throw out the first pitch before the team's home opener:
Great execution, Batkid. Not quite saving the day, but very cool nonetheless.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Peter Thiel, and the not-so-secret secret of innovative success
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- This week I learned the meteor that doomed the dinos gave us seasonal trees, and more
Subscribe to the Week