- Watch this April 8
There's a new Poehler in town. Greg Poehler, brother of Amy, is teaming up with his hilarious sister for Welcome to Sweden, debuting July 10 on NBC.
Greg (who based the show on his own experience) plays an accountant who moves with his girlfriend to her native Sweden, where he has no friends, no job, and no idea what is going on. The show made its debut in its namesake country three weeks ago, with more than two million Swedes tuning in, and has already been picked up for a second season there. Both Greg and Amy are serving as executive producers, and Amy — along with Will Ferrell, Aubrey Plaza, and Gene Simmons — makes a cameo on the first episode. Watch clips from the show below (warning: there's some strong language). --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 10 burning questions you've always wanted to ask about investing
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- How to pack a jar salad
Subscribe to the Week