- Watch this April 8
There's a new Poehler in town. Greg Poehler, brother of Amy, is teaming up with his hilarious sister for Welcome to Sweden, debuting July 10 on NBC.
Greg (who based the show on his own experience) plays an accountant who moves with his girlfriend to her native Sweden, where he has no friends, no job, and no idea what is going on. The show made its debut in its namesake country three weeks ago, with more than two million Swedes tuning in, and has already been picked up for a second season there. Both Greg and Amy are serving as executive producers, and Amy — along with Will Ferrell, Aubrey Plaza, and Gene Simmons — makes a cameo on the first episode. Watch clips from the show below (warning: there's some strong language). --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week