- Watch this April 8
There's a new Poehler in town. Greg Poehler, brother of Amy, is teaming up with his hilarious sister for Welcome to Sweden, debuting July 10 on NBC.
Greg (who based the show on his own experience) plays an accountant who moves with his girlfriend to her native Sweden, where he has no friends, no job, and no idea what is going on. The show made its debut in its namesake country three weeks ago, with more than two million Swedes tuning in, and has already been picked up for a second season there. Both Greg and Amy are serving as executive producers, and Amy — along with Will Ferrell, Aubrey Plaza, and Gene Simmons — makes a cameo on the first episode. Watch clips from the show below (warning: there's some strong language). --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week