- Nature's Wonders April 9
Marijuana is respectable enough now that the premise of this newscast from the Onion News Network — The Onion's video news unit — is eminently plausible: The anchor and an expert are discussing a new medical study on the effects of pot. But of course this is The Onion. The segment's title gives you a pretty good sense of the joke: "New Marijuana Study Says Everyone Knows You're High And You'll Likely Be Stoned Forever."
The video stands up well on its own, but if you have 12 minutes (and you're not having a bad trip), Gawker has rounded up several of The Onion's follow-up newscasts in one video. Think of them as increasingly trippy variations on a theme, or as a really extended version of a good joke. Here's the original report. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week