- Nature's Wonders April 9
Marijuana is respectable enough now that the premise of this newscast from the Onion News Network — The Onion's video news unit — is eminently plausible: The anchor and an expert are discussing a new medical study on the effects of pot. But of course this is The Onion. The segment's title gives you a pretty good sense of the joke: "New Marijuana Study Says Everyone Knows You're High And You'll Likely Be Stoned Forever."
The video stands up well on its own, but if you have 12 minutes (and you're not having a bad trip), Gawker has rounded up several of The Onion's follow-up newscasts in one video. Think of them as increasingly trippy variations on a theme, or as a really extended version of a good joke. Here's the original report. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week