- Late Night Antics April 9
On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart gave President Obama and his administration a pat on the back for enrolling 7.1 million people in private health insurance plans under ObamaCare. That number is suspiciously close to their goal, he noted, and Obama's claim that "we didn't make a hard sell" made Stewart laugh in disbelief — Obama and his team did everything from going on Ellen and Between Two Ferns to teaching a pug to rap.
But Stewart was unimpressed with the conservative conspiracies, voiced on Fox News, about Obama essentially cheating to make the numbers. One theory, involving Spanish-language networks Univision and Telemundo, brought out Senior Latino Correspondent Al Madrigal. His revelations about scantily clad Spanish-language weather forecasters are pretty unpersuasive, but that wasn't really the point. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- As deadly skin cancer rates keep climbing, surgeon general says to stop tanning and wear sunscreen
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
Subscribe to the Week