- Late Night Antics April 9
On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart gave President Obama and his administration a pat on the back for enrolling 7.1 million people in private health insurance plans under ObamaCare. That number is suspiciously close to their goal, he noted, and Obama's claim that "we didn't make a hard sell" made Stewart laugh in disbelief — Obama and his team did everything from going on Ellen and Between Two Ferns to teaching a pug to rap.
But Stewart was unimpressed with the conservative conspiracies, voiced on Fox News, about Obama essentially cheating to make the numbers. One theory, involving Spanish-language networks Univision and Telemundo, brought out Senior Latino Correspondent Al Madrigal. His revelations about scantily clad Spanish-language weather forecasters are pretty unpersuasive, but that wasn't really the point. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week