- Late Night Antics April 9
On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart gave President Obama and his administration a pat on the back for enrolling 7.1 million people in private health insurance plans under ObamaCare. That number is suspiciously close to their goal, he noted, and Obama's claim that "we didn't make a hard sell" made Stewart laugh in disbelief — Obama and his team did everything from going on Ellen and Between Two Ferns to teaching a pug to rap.
But Stewart was unimpressed with the conservative conspiracies, voiced on Fox News, about Obama essentially cheating to make the numbers. One theory, involving Spanish-language networks Univision and Telemundo, brought out Senior Latino Correspondent Al Madrigal. His revelations about scantily clad Spanish-language weather forecasters are pretty unpersuasive, but that wasn't really the point. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
Subscribe to the Week