- Late Night Antics April 9
On Tuesday night's Daily Show, Jon Stewart gave President Obama and his administration a pat on the back for enrolling 7.1 million people in private health insurance plans under ObamaCare. That number is suspiciously close to their goal, he noted, and Obama's claim that "we didn't make a hard sell" made Stewart laugh in disbelief — Obama and his team did everything from going on Ellen and Between Two Ferns to teaching a pug to rap.
But Stewart was unimpressed with the conservative conspiracies, voiced on Fox News, about Obama essentially cheating to make the numbers. One theory, involving Spanish-language networks Univision and Telemundo, brought out Senior Latino Correspondent Al Madrigal. His revelations about scantily clad Spanish-language weather forecasters are pretty unpersuasive, but that wasn't really the point. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week