- Now You Know April 9
There was a brief flurry last week over an unlikely viral video: A clip from the obscure '90s dating show The Big Date, in which then-unknown Mad Men star Jon Hamm pitched an "evening of total fabulosity" to a female contestant.
She turned him down — but in a Tuesday appearance on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Hamm said he doesn't hold a grudge. "Would you have picked me?" asks Hamm. "That was 1995. I was all of 24 years old, and making some questionable decisions with my life. "
Hamm isn't sure who finally uncovered the 19-year-old video, but he lays out one possible scenario. "I think the best thing about that whole thing was thinking about whatever intern was going through the stacks of videotapes from some production company in North Hollywood somewhere, trying to upload them to YouTube, like "Ughhhhhh, I only have 10 more cases of these to — wait a minute. That can't... go back. Uh, boss? You're going to want to get in here." --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- In defense of family dinner
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
Subscribe to the Week