- Now You Know April 9
There was a brief flurry last week over an unlikely viral video: A clip from the obscure '90s dating show The Big Date, in which then-unknown Mad Men star Jon Hamm pitched an "evening of total fabulosity" to a female contestant.
She turned him down — but in a Tuesday appearance on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Hamm said he doesn't hold a grudge. "Would you have picked me?" asks Hamm. "That was 1995. I was all of 24 years old, and making some questionable decisions with my life. "
Hamm isn't sure who finally uncovered the 19-year-old video, but he lays out one possible scenario. "I think the best thing about that whole thing was thinking about whatever intern was going through the stacks of videotapes from some production company in North Hollywood somewhere, trying to upload them to YouTube, like "Ughhhhhh, I only have 10 more cases of these to — wait a minute. That can't... go back. Uh, boss? You're going to want to get in here." --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- The conservative battle against ObamaCare won't end with Halbig
- Girls on Film: Why audiences are responsible for the future of cinema
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week