- Now You Know April 9
There was a brief flurry last week over an unlikely viral video: A clip from the obscure '90s dating show The Big Date, in which then-unknown Mad Men star Jon Hamm pitched an "evening of total fabulosity" to a female contestant.
She turned him down — but in a Tuesday appearance on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Hamm said he doesn't hold a grudge. "Would you have picked me?" asks Hamm. "That was 1995. I was all of 24 years old, and making some questionable decisions with my life. "
Hamm isn't sure who finally uncovered the 19-year-old video, but he lays out one possible scenario. "I think the best thing about that whole thing was thinking about whatever intern was going through the stacks of videotapes from some production company in North Hollywood somewhere, trying to upload them to YouTube, like "Ughhhhhh, I only have 10 more cases of these to — wait a minute. That can't... go back. Uh, boss? You're going to want to get in here." --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Why insects are the future of food
- The super-rich are just as miserable as the rest of us
Subscribe to the Week