- Mmm, bacon April 9
As the classic song goes: "Take me out to the ballgame. Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts and bacon and bacon and more bacon, delicious, crispy bacon."
So the song doesn't actually go like that. But the Lehigh Valley IronPigs are going whole-hog on their bacon-themed promos this year, so they may as well update the century-old lyrics to fit the campaign. The team is so keen on fried meat strips, in fact, that they've festooned one iteration of their hats, pants, and jerseys with them.
Here's a closer look at that bacon hat:
There's even bacon painted on the field behind home plate, and this terrifying bacon mascot, Chris P. Bacon (get it?). So for all your meat-centric baseball needs and nightmares, head over to Lehigh Valley. Maybe even buy tickets for the aptly named Bacon Strip section.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 6 constitutional amendments that just missed the cut
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week