- Mmm, bacon April 9
As the classic song goes: "Take me out to the ballgame. Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts and bacon and bacon and more bacon, delicious, crispy bacon."
So the song doesn't actually go like that. But the Lehigh Valley IronPigs are going whole-hog on their bacon-themed promos this year, so they may as well update the century-old lyrics to fit the campaign. The team is so keen on fried meat strips, in fact, that they've festooned one iteration of their hats, pants, and jerseys with them.
Here's a closer look at that bacon hat:
There's even bacon painted on the field behind home plate, and this terrifying bacon mascot, Chris P. Bacon (get it?). So for all your meat-centric baseball needs and nightmares, head over to Lehigh Valley. Maybe even buy tickets for the aptly named Bacon Strip section.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
Subscribe to the Week