- Mmm, bacon April 9
As the classic song goes: "Take me out to the ballgame. Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts and bacon and bacon and more bacon, delicious, crispy bacon."
So the song doesn't actually go like that. But the Lehigh Valley IronPigs are going whole-hog on their bacon-themed promos this year, so they may as well update the century-old lyrics to fit the campaign. The team is so keen on fried meat strips, in fact, that they've festooned one iteration of their hats, pants, and jerseys with them.
Here's a closer look at that bacon hat:
There's even bacon painted on the field behind home plate, and this terrifying bacon mascot, Chris P. Bacon (get it?). So for all your meat-centric baseball needs and nightmares, head over to Lehigh Valley. Maybe even buy tickets for the aptly named Bacon Strip section.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week