- Mmm, bacon April 9
As the classic song goes: "Take me out to the ballgame. Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts and bacon and bacon and more bacon, delicious, crispy bacon."
So the song doesn't actually go like that. But the Lehigh Valley IronPigs are going whole-hog on their bacon-themed promos this year, so they may as well update the century-old lyrics to fit the campaign. The team is so keen on fried meat strips, in fact, that they've festooned one iteration of their hats, pants, and jerseys with them.
Here's a closer look at that bacon hat:
There's even bacon painted on the field behind home plate, and this terrifying bacon mascot, Chris P. Bacon (get it?). So for all your meat-centric baseball needs and nightmares, head over to Lehigh Valley. Maybe even buy tickets for the aptly named Bacon Strip section.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week