- Mmm, bacon April 9
As the classic song goes: "Take me out to the ballgame. Take me out with the crowd. Buy me some peanuts and bacon and bacon and more bacon, delicious, crispy bacon."
So the song doesn't actually go like that. But the Lehigh Valley IronPigs are going whole-hog on their bacon-themed promos this year, so they may as well update the century-old lyrics to fit the campaign. The team is so keen on fried meat strips, in fact, that they've festooned one iteration of their hats, pants, and jerseys with them.
Here's a closer look at that bacon hat:
There's even bacon painted on the field behind home plate, and this terrifying bacon mascot, Chris P. Bacon (get it?). So for all your meat-centric baseball needs and nightmares, head over to Lehigh Valley. Maybe even buy tickets for the aptly named Bacon Strip section.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Surviving a plane crash
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Ted Cruz and the most cynical, despicable political stunt of the year
Subscribe to the Week