- This is nice April 9
Best. News. Ever. In what FX Network president Jon Landgraf is calling "the longest continuous marathon in the history of television," FXX will kick off The Simpsons' long-awaited arrival on cable by airing all 522 syndicated episodes in a row — a feat that will take no less than than 12 days to complete. (Make sure to pick up a few cases of Duff in advance.)
If you don't have enough vacation time to spend 12 consecutive days devouring every episode of The Simpsons, don't worry; within the next few weeks, FXX is also expected to debut a dedicated app that will allow subscribers to stream any Simpsons episode on demand. Obsessively binge-watching The Simpsons: The cause of (and solution to) all life's problems.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
- It's time to kill school picture day
Subscribe to the Week