- Watch this April 9
Gearing up for this Sunday's Mad Men premiere? As you stock up on whiskey and cigarettes, save yourself two minutes for AMC's "Then and Now: Don Draper" video, which chronicles six seasons of Don Draper's character arc in just two minutes. "The trajectory has been... heading south for quite some time," concedes star Jon Hamm. "Hopefully, if you go down far enough, there's only one way to go. But the corollary to that is, who knows where the bottom is?"
As helpful as the video turns out to be, it skips over one key aspect of Don's character: His obsession with saying, "What?" Fortunately, YouTube has that covered too. --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- 11 surprisingly apt lessons from Machiavelli's The Prince
Subscribe to the Week