- Watch this April 9
Is Bill O'Reilly going to start his own push to #CancelColbert? The Fox News host isn't happy that Stephen Colbert used The Colbert Report to make fun of his recent musings about what's causing the "decline of our nation" (equality?). On Tuesday night's O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly unloaded during his Talking Points Commentary segment (dubbed "More Destruction in America"), calling Colbert a "deceiver," an "ideological fanatic," and "misguided to the extreme."
"His analysis is given under the guise of comedy, but believe me he is a true progressive believer playing exclusively to other believers," O'Reilly said. "Colbert can be dismissed as clueless, but the guy does do damage, because he gives cover to powerful people who are selling Americans a big lie, that this country is bad, that it intentionally oppresses many of its own citizens. That is a lie, that point of view is shameful."
Wow, those are some harsh words against the man who calls O'Reilly "Papa Bear." Watch both clips below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week