- Watch this April 9
Is Bill O'Reilly going to start his own push to #CancelColbert? The Fox News host isn't happy that Stephen Colbert used The Colbert Report to make fun of his recent musings about what's causing the "decline of our nation" (equality?). On Tuesday night's O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly unloaded during his Talking Points Commentary segment (dubbed "More Destruction in America"), calling Colbert a "deceiver," an "ideological fanatic," and "misguided to the extreme."
"His analysis is given under the guise of comedy, but believe me he is a true progressive believer playing exclusively to other believers," O'Reilly said. "Colbert can be dismissed as clueless, but the guy does do damage, because he gives cover to powerful people who are selling Americans a big lie, that this country is bad, that it intentionally oppresses many of its own citizens. That is a lie, that point of view is shameful."
Wow, those are some harsh words against the man who calls O'Reilly "Papa Bear." Watch both clips below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- What progressives fundamentally don't get about traditional Christians
Subscribe to the Week