- Watch this April 9
Is Bill O'Reilly going to start his own push to #CancelColbert? The Fox News host isn't happy that Stephen Colbert used The Colbert Report to make fun of his recent musings about what's causing the "decline of our nation" (equality?). On Tuesday night's O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly unloaded during his Talking Points Commentary segment (dubbed "More Destruction in America"), calling Colbert a "deceiver," an "ideological fanatic," and "misguided to the extreme."
"His analysis is given under the guise of comedy, but believe me he is a true progressive believer playing exclusively to other believers," O'Reilly said. "Colbert can be dismissed as clueless, but the guy does do damage, because he gives cover to powerful people who are selling Americans a big lie, that this country is bad, that it intentionally oppresses many of its own citizens. That is a lie, that point of view is shameful."
Wow, those are some harsh words against the man who calls O'Reilly "Papa Bear." Watch both clips below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week