- Watch this April 9
Is Bill O'Reilly going to start his own push to #CancelColbert? The Fox News host isn't happy that Stephen Colbert used The Colbert Report to make fun of his recent musings about what's causing the "decline of our nation" (equality?). On Tuesday night's O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly unloaded during his Talking Points Commentary segment (dubbed "More Destruction in America"), calling Colbert a "deceiver," an "ideological fanatic," and "misguided to the extreme."
"His analysis is given under the guise of comedy, but believe me he is a true progressive believer playing exclusively to other believers," O'Reilly said. "Colbert can be dismissed as clueless, but the guy does do damage, because he gives cover to powerful people who are selling Americans a big lie, that this country is bad, that it intentionally oppresses many of its own citizens. That is a lie, that point of view is shameful."
Wow, those are some harsh words against the man who calls O'Reilly "Papa Bear." Watch both clips below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week