- Late Night Antics April 10
Sometimes you have to wonder what exactly goes on in the Tonight Show writers room. Here's my guess, with plenty of dramatic license taken:
Writer 1: Hey, Fallon. Stevie Nicks is coming on the show tonight. What should we have her sing?
Jimmy Fallon: "Landslide?"
Writer 2: Nah. Overdone. How about "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"?
Fallon: Oh, great idea. Is Tom Petty busy? No, wait, I've got that Tom Petty wig somewhere...
Writer 1: And we can put Vaseline on the lens and get old microphones...
Writer 2: ...and re-create the original 1981 video? That's dumb.
Fallon: You're fired. Hey, let's have Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic introduce Stevie and me....
In any case, Fallon and Nicks stepped in a time machine of sorts, and here's the pretty impressive results, from Wednesday night's show:
For comparison, here's the original video. Not bad, right? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Are there too many good shows on television?
Subscribe to the Week