- Late Night Antics April 10
Sometimes you have to wonder what exactly goes on in the Tonight Show writers room. Here's my guess, with plenty of dramatic license taken:
Writer 1: Hey, Fallon. Stevie Nicks is coming on the show tonight. What should we have her sing?
Jimmy Fallon: "Landslide?"
Writer 2: Nah. Overdone. How about "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around"?
Fallon: Oh, great idea. Is Tom Petty busy? No, wait, I've got that Tom Petty wig somewhere...
Writer 1: And we can put Vaseline on the lens and get old microphones...
Writer 2: ...and re-create the original 1981 video? That's dumb.
Fallon: You're fired. Hey, let's have Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic introduce Stevie and me....
In any case, Fallon and Nicks stepped in a time machine of sorts, and here's the pretty impressive results, from Wednesday night's show:
For comparison, here's the original video. Not bad, right? --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to live a long life, according to science
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Why is Obama still smoking?
Subscribe to the Week