- Crime and punishment April 10
Alex Hribal, the 16-year-old suspect accused of yesterday's stabbing spree at a Pittsburgh area high school, will be charged as an adult. Authorities said Hribal will face four counts of attempted criminal homicide, 21 counts of aggravated assault, and one count of possession of weapons on school property. His weapons of choice were two 8- to 10-inch "straight" kitchen knives.
The brutal rampage left 22 people injured — including four in critical condition — at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, Pa. It started around 7 a.m. and lasted for 15 minutes before two school officials tackled the suspect to the ground and pinned him until police arrived. He is being held in a juvenile detention center as police investigate his alleged motive.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week