- Crime and punishment April 10
Alex Hribal, the 16-year-old suspect accused of yesterday's stabbing spree at a Pittsburgh area high school, will be charged as an adult. Authorities said Hribal will face four counts of attempted criminal homicide, 21 counts of aggravated assault, and one count of possession of weapons on school property. His weapons of choice were two 8- to 10-inch "straight" kitchen knives.
The brutal rampage left 22 people injured — including four in critical condition — at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, Pa. It started around 7 a.m. and lasted for 15 minutes before two school officials tackled the suspect to the ground and pinned him until police arrived. He is being held in a juvenile detention center as police investigate his alleged motive.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week