- Crime and punishment April 10
Alex Hribal, the 16-year-old suspect accused of yesterday's stabbing spree at a Pittsburgh area high school, will be charged as an adult. Authorities said Hribal will face four counts of attempted criminal homicide, 21 counts of aggravated assault, and one count of possession of weapons on school property. His weapons of choice were two 8- to 10-inch "straight" kitchen knives.
The brutal rampage left 22 people injured — including four in critical condition — at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, Pa. It started around 7 a.m. and lasted for 15 minutes before two school officials tackled the suspect to the ground and pinned him until police arrived. He is being held in a juvenile detention center as police investigate his alleged motive.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
Subscribe to the Week