- Crime and punishment April 10
Alex Hribal, the 16-year-old suspect accused of yesterday's stabbing spree at a Pittsburgh area high school, will be charged as an adult. Authorities said Hribal will face four counts of attempted criminal homicide, 21 counts of aggravated assault, and one count of possession of weapons on school property. His weapons of choice were two 8- to 10-inch "straight" kitchen knives.
The brutal rampage left 22 people injured — including four in critical condition — at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, Pa. It started around 7 a.m. and lasted for 15 minutes before two school officials tackled the suspect to the ground and pinned him until police arrived. He is being held in a juvenile detention center as police investigate his alleged motive.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 16 characters from other languages that make great emoticons
Subscribe to the Week