- Backlash April 10
Duck Dynasty star Willie Robertson last year endorsed his "good buddy" Rep. Vance McAllister's (R-La.) long shot special election campaign, a jolt that helped the freshman politician win a surprise victory. And now that the married McAllister has been caught in a smooching scandal — he was captured on tape kissing a married staffer — he's once again turning to Robertson for help.
"Willie told me that he was a friend and that I needed to work things out privately," McAllister told The News Star.
That may not really be an option. McAllister insists he won't resign, meaning the story is going to linger publicly. At least House Republicans are heeding Robertson's advice: They're reportedly looking to squeeze McAllister out of Congress so he doesn't become a long-term distraction for the national party heading into the midterms.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- Meet the 11 condoms of the future selected by Bill Gates
Subscribe to the Week