- Backlash April 10
Duck Dynasty star Willie Robertson last year endorsed his "good buddy" Rep. Vance McAllister's (R-La.) long shot special election campaign, a jolt that helped the freshman politician win a surprise victory. And now that the married McAllister has been caught in a smooching scandal — he was captured on tape kissing a married staffer — he's once again turning to Robertson for help.
"Willie told me that he was a friend and that I needed to work things out privately," McAllister told The News Star.
That may not really be an option. McAllister insists he won't resign, meaning the story is going to linger publicly. At least House Republicans are heeding Robertson's advice: They're reportedly looking to squeeze McAllister out of Congress so he doesn't become a long-term distraction for the national party heading into the midterms.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
Subscribe to the Week