- Backlash April 10
Duck Dynasty star Willie Robertson last year endorsed his "good buddy" Rep. Vance McAllister's (R-La.) long shot special election campaign, a jolt that helped the freshman politician win a surprise victory. And now that the married McAllister has been caught in a smooching scandal — he was captured on tape kissing a married staffer — he's once again turning to Robertson for help.
"Willie told me that he was a friend and that I needed to work things out privately," McAllister told The News Star.
That may not really be an option. McAllister insists he won't resign, meaning the story is going to linger publicly. At least House Republicans are heeding Robertson's advice: They're reportedly looking to squeeze McAllister out of Congress so he doesn't become a long-term distraction for the national party heading into the midterms.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
Subscribe to the Week