- Backlash April 10
Duck Dynasty star Willie Robertson last year endorsed his "good buddy" Rep. Vance McAllister's (R-La.) long shot special election campaign, a jolt that helped the freshman politician win a surprise victory. And now that the married McAllister has been caught in a smooching scandal — he was captured on tape kissing a married staffer — he's once again turning to Robertson for help.
"Willie told me that he was a friend and that I needed to work things out privately," McAllister told The News Star.
That may not really be an option. McAllister insists he won't resign, meaning the story is going to linger publicly. At least House Republicans are heeding Robertson's advice: They're reportedly looking to squeeze McAllister out of Congress so he doesn't become a long-term distraction for the national party heading into the midterms.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week