- Backlash April 10
Duck Dynasty star Willie Robertson last year endorsed his "good buddy" Rep. Vance McAllister's (R-La.) long shot special election campaign, a jolt that helped the freshman politician win a surprise victory. And now that the married McAllister has been caught in a smooching scandal — he was captured on tape kissing a married staffer — he's once again turning to Robertson for help.
"Willie told me that he was a friend and that I needed to work things out privately," McAllister told The News Star.
That may not really be an option. McAllister insists he won't resign, meaning the story is going to linger publicly. At least House Republicans are heeding Robertson's advice: They're reportedly looking to squeeze McAllister out of Congress so he doesn't become a long-term distraction for the national party heading into the midterms.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The 7 best Halloween-themed editorial cartoons
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week