- This just in April 10
Just a week after David Letterman announced that he'll be retiring from The Late Show in 2015, CBS has announced his replacement: Stephen Colbert, who currently hosts Comedy Central's The Colbert Report. According to CBS, the date of Colbert's premiere as host will be announced when Letterman "determines a timetable for his final broadcasts in 2015."
Last week, Colbert was reported to be the network's "top choice" to take over Letterman's hosting chair, with talk-show hosts like Ellen DeGeneres and Chelsea Handler named as other possible replacements.
According to CBS, Colbert has been signed to a five-year contract, though many of the details remain in discussion — including the location of where the show will be filmed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
Subscribe to the Week