- This just in April 10
Just a week after David Letterman announced that he'll be retiring from The Late Show in 2015, CBS has announced his replacement: Stephen Colbert, who currently hosts Comedy Central's The Colbert Report. According to CBS, the date of Colbert's premiere as host will be announced when Letterman "determines a timetable for his final broadcasts in 2015."
Last week, Colbert was reported to be the network's "top choice" to take over Letterman's hosting chair, with talk-show hosts like Ellen DeGeneres and Chelsea Handler named as other possible replacements.
According to CBS, Colbert has been signed to a five-year contract, though many of the details remain in discussion — including the location of where the show will be filmed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week