- This just in April 10
Just a week after David Letterman announced that he'll be retiring from The Late Show in 2015, CBS has announced his replacement: Stephen Colbert, who currently hosts Comedy Central's The Colbert Report. According to CBS, the date of Colbert's premiere as host will be announced when Letterman "determines a timetable for his final broadcasts in 2015."
Last week, Colbert was reported to be the network's "top choice" to take over Letterman's hosting chair, with talk-show hosts like Ellen DeGeneres and Chelsea Handler named as other possible replacements.
According to CBS, Colbert has been signed to a five-year contract, though many of the details remain in discussion — including the location of where the show will be filmed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Will the Higgs Boson destroy the universe in a cosmic death bubble?
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
Subscribe to the Week