- This just in April 10
Just a week after David Letterman announced that he'll be retiring from The Late Show in 2015, CBS has announced his replacement: Stephen Colbert, who currently hosts Comedy Central's The Colbert Report. According to CBS, the date of Colbert's premiere as host will be announced when Letterman "determines a timetable for his final broadcasts in 2015."
Last week, Colbert was reported to be the network's "top choice" to take over Letterman's hosting chair, with talk-show hosts like Ellen DeGeneres and Chelsea Handler named as other possible replacements.
According to CBS, Colbert has been signed to a five-year contract, though many of the details remain in discussion — including the location of where the show will be filmed.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week