- happening now April 10
A tradition unlike any — well, you know the rest.
This year's Masters, which will run through the weekend, began with living legends Arnold Palmer, Gary Player, and Jack Nicklaus hitting ceremonial tee shots. But the tournament will end with a golfer of the new guard pulling on the coveted green jacket.
And whether you're a major fan of the very traditional Masters, or think watching golf is like taking a long drive to the head, you have to admit, the course offers up some pretty lovely photo ops. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 20, 2014
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
Subscribe to the Week