- This just in April 10
San Francisco 49ers star quarterback Colin Kaepernick is allegedly under investigation by Miami police in connection with a sexual assault, reports TMZ.
Sources tell the site that the investigation is in the "beginning stages," and no charges have been filed against Kaepernick. The alleged incident took place in Miami at the Viceroy Hotel earlier this month. The 49ers are aware of the reports and are "in the process of gathering the pertinent facts," the team said in a statement.
A spokesperson for the Miami Police Department confirmed that Kaepernick is the suspect of an investigation, but didn't specify why.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- The next pandemic
Subscribe to the Week