- This just in April 10
San Francisco 49ers star quarterback Colin Kaepernick is allegedly under investigation by Miami police in connection with a sexual assault, reports TMZ.
Sources tell the site that the investigation is in the "beginning stages," and no charges have been filed against Kaepernick. The alleged incident took place in Miami at the Viceroy Hotel earlier this month. The 49ers are aware of the reports and are "in the process of gathering the pertinent facts," the team said in a statement.
A spokesperson for the Miami Police Department confirmed that Kaepernick is the suspect of an investigation, but didn't specify why.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
Subscribe to the Week