- This just in April 10
San Francisco 49ers star quarterback Colin Kaepernick is allegedly under investigation by Miami police in connection with a sexual assault, reports TMZ.
Sources tell the site that the investigation is in the "beginning stages," and no charges have been filed against Kaepernick. The alleged incident took place in Miami at the Viceroy Hotel earlier this month. The 49ers are aware of the reports and are "in the process of gathering the pertinent facts," the team said in a statement.
A spokesperson for the Miami Police Department confirmed that Kaepernick is the suspect of an investigation, but didn't specify why.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week