- This just in April 10
San Francisco 49ers star quarterback Colin Kaepernick is allegedly under investigation by Miami police in connection with a sexual assault, reports TMZ.
Sources tell the site that the investigation is in the "beginning stages," and no charges have been filed against Kaepernick. The alleged incident took place in Miami at the Viceroy Hotel earlier this month. The 49ers are aware of the reports and are "in the process of gathering the pertinent facts," the team said in a statement.
A spokesperson for the Miami Police Department confirmed that Kaepernick is the suspect of an investigation, but didn't specify why.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week