- This just in April 10
San Francisco 49ers star quarterback Colin Kaepernick is allegedly under investigation by Miami police in connection with a sexual assault, reports TMZ.
Sources tell the site that the investigation is in the "beginning stages," and no charges have been filed against Kaepernick. The alleged incident took place in Miami at the Viceroy Hotel earlier this month. The 49ers are aware of the reports and are "in the process of gathering the pertinent facts," the team said in a statement.
A spokesperson for the Miami Police Department confirmed that Kaepernick is the suspect of an investigation, but didn't specify why.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week