- 2016 Watch April 10
Hillary Clinton says she is "thinking about" running for president in 2016. And if she does get in the race, she'll have a huge stack of money waiting to boost her campaign. Well, technically, she won't have all that money — but a couple of super PACs backing her sure will.
The group Ready for Hillary announced Thursday it had raised $1.7 million in the first quarter of the year, bringing its total haul up to $5.75 million. Incredibly, the group has only been around for about a year, and Clinton isn't even a declared candidate yet. Imagine how loaded the organization will be if and when Clinton announces her campaign?
Meanwhile, the mammoth super PAC Priorities USA — which helped re-elect President Obama — reportedly had $3.04 million in "cash on hand" in December. President Obama's former campaign manager and Priorities co-chairman Jim Messina told The New York Times earlier this year that his group "is going to be there for [Clinton] if she decides to run."- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
- California's epic drought
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
Subscribe to the Week