- Listen Up April 10
Last month, we learned that twerk-enthusiast Miley Cyrus was collaborating with psychedelic rockers the Flaming Lips on a Beatles cover. Music lovers everywhere reacted accordingly.
Though a complete track has yet to come out, the Lips' Wayne Coyne on Thursday posted a sneak preview to Instagram:
The bar was set pretty low when Coyne announced the project with a message that read, in part, "Recordin with Miley…High as fu-k." But after hearing Cyrus warble through the middle section of "A Day in the Life," it seems he underestimated just how high they actually were.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week