- Listen Up April 10
Last month, we learned that twerk-enthusiast Miley Cyrus was collaborating with psychedelic rockers the Flaming Lips on a Beatles cover. Music lovers everywhere reacted accordingly.
Though a complete track has yet to come out, the Lips' Wayne Coyne on Thursday posted a sneak preview to Instagram:
The bar was set pretty low when Coyne announced the project with a message that read, in part, "Recordin with Miley…High as fu-k." But after hearing Cyrus warble through the middle section of "A Day in the Life," it seems he underestimated just how high they actually were.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week