- Watch this April 11
Batman turns 75 this year, and to celebrate, Bruce Timm — co-creator of Batman: The Animated Series — is celebrating with an animated short. "Batman: Strange Days" is more impressive for its noir-tinged style than plot — how much complexity can you really fit in a two-minute film? The story revolves round an abduction near the lair of evil Dr. Hugo Strange, and Timm decided on black-and-white and period stylings in homage to Batman's start, in 1939, at the hands of creator Bob Kane:
You can watch Timm talk about the episode, and Batman's 75th, below, to DC All Access. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week