- Watch this April 11
Batman turns 75 this year, and to celebrate, Bruce Timm — co-creator of Batman: The Animated Series — is celebrating with an animated short. "Batman: Strange Days" is more impressive for its noir-tinged style than plot — how much complexity can you really fit in a two-minute film? The story revolves round an abduction near the lair of evil Dr. Hugo Strange, and Timm decided on black-and-white and period stylings in homage to Batman's start, in 1939, at the hands of creator Bob Kane:
You can watch Timm talk about the episode, and Batman's 75th, below, to DC All Access. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week