- Watch this April 11
Batman turns 75 this year, and to celebrate, Bruce Timm — co-creator of Batman: The Animated Series — is celebrating with an animated short. "Batman: Strange Days" is more impressive for its noir-tinged style than plot — how much complexity can you really fit in a two-minute film? The story revolves round an abduction near the lair of evil Dr. Hugo Strange, and Timm decided on black-and-white and period stylings in homage to Batman's start, in 1939, at the hands of creator Bob Kane:
You can watch Timm talk about the episode, and Batman's 75th, below, to DC All Access. --Peter Weber
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to slash your winter bill, according to utilities experts
Subscribe to the Week