- Smart takes April 11
When a protester threw a shoe at Hillary Clinton last night as she was giving a speech in Las Vegas, it immediately brought to mind the time an Iraqi journalist flung his footwear at George W. Bush in 2008. ("This is a farewell kiss from the Iraqi people, you dog!" the journalist said at the time.) While Clinton's reaction time was a tad on the slow side, Bush ducked the speedy projectile like a cat ninja — and Fox News' Brian Kilmeade isn't about to let you forget it. "President Bush had much better reactions in my humble opinion," he said this morning on Fox & Friends (h/t Media Matters). Judge for yourself below. --Ryu Spaeth
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
Subscribe to the Week