- Smart takes April 11
When a protester threw a shoe at Hillary Clinton last night as she was giving a speech in Las Vegas, it immediately brought to mind the time an Iraqi journalist flung his footwear at George W. Bush in 2008. ("This is a farewell kiss from the Iraqi people, you dog!" the journalist said at the time.) While Clinton's reaction time was a tad on the slow side, Bush ducked the speedy projectile like a cat ninja — and Fox News' Brian Kilmeade isn't about to let you forget it. "President Bush had much better reactions in my humble opinion," he said this morning on Fox & Friends (h/t Media Matters). Judge for yourself below. --Ryu Spaeth
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How to make classic pulled pork
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week