- Smart takes April 11
When a protester threw a shoe at Hillary Clinton last night as she was giving a speech in Las Vegas, it immediately brought to mind the time an Iraqi journalist flung his footwear at George W. Bush in 2008. ("This is a farewell kiss from the Iraqi people, you dog!" the journalist said at the time.) While Clinton's reaction time was a tad on the slow side, Bush ducked the speedy projectile like a cat ninja — and Fox News' Brian Kilmeade isn't about to let you forget it. "President Bush had much better reactions in my humble opinion," he said this morning on Fox & Friends (h/t Media Matters). Judge for yourself below. --Ryu Spaeth
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week