- Genius! April 11
Watch out Citi Bike, there's a new sharing system in town.
According to The Wall Street Journal, the company 'brellaBox will set up 500 green boxes full of umbrellas throughout the city. Pedestrians will be able to rent an umbrella for $2.50 for 12 hours, or purchase one for $15. The pilot program will roll out this May in Manhattan's Financial District, and if all goes well, the program will be in full effect next spring.
Like any New York sharing system, there are bound to be obstacles (and maybe a ridiculous logo). But the thought of never having to run to the corner store in water-filled shoes again makes this idea seem pretty genius.- - Kaitlin Roberts
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Surviving a plane crash
- The demagoguery of Ted Cruz and his cheerleaders in the conservative media
Subscribe to the Week