- Really? April 11
You may have heard of the abomination that is human cheese, but it turns out that animal-based cheeses can be just as disgusting.
The Torgovii Dom-Siri cheese factory in Siberia was recently closed when a photo of factory employees taking a naked milk bath hit the internet. According to employee Artem Romanov, they were celebrating an employee's birthday.
The factory's lawyers claim that the incriminating photo is not of the milk used in cheese-making, but a "watery by-product not used in food production." However, investigators allege that the makeshift hot-tub was indeed filled with raw milk.
According to the U.K.'s Orange News, "workers appearing in the photo will also have to be tested for diseases, including STDs, that might have been passed on to cheese customers." That's certainly one reason to embrace veganism. --Meghan DeMaria
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How I lost all my money
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
Subscribe to the Week