- Gooooal! April 12
Another week, another Rob Ford moment.
This time, the Toronto mayor took on a young soccer goalie during an appearance at Soccerworld Polson Pier. Apparently feeling the need to gain some sports cred, Ford hammered not one but two shots at the boy tending goal, who dove for — and missed — each shot.
Ford did apologize afterward for kicking the ball so hard two times, so there’s that. And how about his lovely footwork at the 25-second mark?
Considering his skills — or lack thereof — with the other football, it makes sense that Ford would feel the need to redeem himself however possible, even if he is facing a goalie half his height and age.
Nailed it.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week