- Gooooal! April 12
Another week, another Rob Ford moment.
This time, the Toronto mayor took on a young soccer goalie during an appearance at Soccerworld Polson Pier. Apparently feeling the need to gain some sports cred, Ford hammered not one but two shots at the boy tending goal, who dove for — and missed — each shot.
Ford did apologize afterward for kicking the ball so hard two times, so there’s that. And how about his lovely footwork at the 25-second mark?
Considering his skills — or lack thereof — with the other football, it makes sense that Ford would feel the need to redeem himself however possible, even if he is facing a goalie half his height and age.
Nailed it.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week