- Gooooal! April 12
Another week, another Rob Ford moment.
This time, the Toronto mayor took on a young soccer goalie during an appearance at Soccerworld Polson Pier. Apparently feeling the need to gain some sports cred, Ford hammered not one but two shots at the boy tending goal, who dove for — and missed — each shot.
Ford did apologize afterward for kicking the ball so hard two times, so there’s that. And how about his lovely footwork at the 25-second mark?
Considering his skills — or lack thereof — with the other football, it makes sense that Ford would feel the need to redeem himself however possible, even if he is facing a goalie half his height and age.
Nailed it.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How computers will replace your doctor
Subscribe to the Week