- Gooooal! April 12
Another week, another Rob Ford moment.
This time, the Toronto mayor took on a young soccer goalie during an appearance at Soccerworld Polson Pier. Apparently feeling the need to gain some sports cred, Ford hammered not one but two shots at the boy tending goal, who dove for — and missed — each shot.
Ford did apologize afterward for kicking the ball so hard two times, so there’s that. And how about his lovely footwork at the 25-second mark?
Considering his skills — or lack thereof — with the other football, it makes sense that Ford would feel the need to redeem himself however possible, even if he is facing a goalie half his height and age.
Nailed it.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Paul Allen's 'bitter' Bill-Gates-bashing memoir
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week