- Meanwhile, at Coachella April 12
If you were going to reunite after a nearly decade-long performance hiatus, wouldn't you want to do it at Coachella?
Outkast, at least, says yes to that: Andre 3000 and Big Boi kicked off their first of 40 scheduled performances with an hour-and-a-half-long set, welcoming current big names such as Future and Janelle Monae to share the stage for some songs.
Considering someone filmed the whole show (take a look and a listen, below), you'll appreciate Coachella's need for these phone-charging stations. Rock on? --Sarah Eberspacher
This is Coachella. pic.twitter.com/py7O5kTxDD— Erin Go Dodgers (@erinscafe) April 11, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week