- Meanwhile, at Coachella April 12
If you were going to reunite after a nearly decade-long performance hiatus, wouldn't you want to do it at Coachella?
Outkast, at least, says yes to that: Andre 3000 and Big Boi kicked off their first of 40 scheduled performances with an hour-and-a-half-long set, welcoming current big names such as Future and Janelle Monae to share the stage for some songs.
Considering someone filmed the whole show (take a look and a listen, below), you'll appreciate Coachella's need for these phone-charging stations. Rock on? --Sarah Eberspacher
This is Coachella. pic.twitter.com/py7O5kTxDD— Erin Go Dodgers (@erinscafe) April 11, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
Subscribe to the Week