- Meanwhile, at Coachella April 12
If you were going to reunite after a nearly decade-long performance hiatus, wouldn't you want to do it at Coachella?
Outkast, at least, says yes to that: Andre 3000 and Big Boi kicked off their first of 40 scheduled performances with an hour-and-a-half-long set, welcoming current big names such as Future and Janelle Monae to share the stage for some songs.
Considering someone filmed the whole show (take a look and a listen, below), you'll appreciate Coachella's need for these phone-charging stations. Rock on? --Sarah Eberspacher
This is Coachella. pic.twitter.com/py7O5kTxDD— Erin Go Dodgers (@erinscafe) April 11, 2014
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week