- Get ready for the slow dance April 12
Where was this when I was in high school?
KFC released a new ad campaign this week, just in time for prom. The video features a young man showing up to go through the awkward pre-dance ritual with his date. You know, trading flowers and pat compliments. But then — then! — the fellow opens a box and reveals to his date the ultimate corsage: Baby's breath and a drumstick.
"I know how much you like Original Recipe," he says.
It's not just a commercial, either. Gutsy high schoolers can actually buy a chicken corsage with which to either impress or terrify their date.
Fair warning, though: If the recipient is particularly fond of KFC, dates may find themselves getting a new kind of cold shoulder, just like the guy in the ad, below. --Sarah Eberspacher
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week