- Watch this April 13
Pharrell may be one of the biggest musical artists in the country right now thanks to his hit song "Happy," but he cut his teeth in the music business as a producer behind pop and hip hop classics of the late '90s and early 2000s. So it was only fitting that he brought a number of special guests up on stage with him during his set at the Coachella music festival on Saturday to perform the songs that they, and he, made famous back in the day.
Pharrell's entire set is below. Or if you want to get right on to the cameos, Idolator kindly flagged them at 12:55 (Nelly); 15:10 (Busta Rhymes and Puff Daddy); 26:38 (Snoop Dogg); and 37:20 (Gwen Stefani).
And yes, Pharrell's giant hat made an appearance as well.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week