- Watch this April 13
Pharrell may be one of the biggest musical artists in the country right now thanks to his hit song "Happy," but he cut his teeth in the music business as a producer behind pop and hip hop classics of the late '90s and early 2000s. So it was only fitting that he brought a number of special guests up on stage with him during his set at the Coachella music festival on Saturday to perform the songs that they, and he, made famous back in the day.
Pharrell's entire set is below. Or if you want to get right on to the cameos, Idolator kindly flagged them at 12:55 (Nelly); 15:10 (Busta Rhymes and Puff Daddy); 26:38 (Snoop Dogg); and 37:20 (Gwen Stefani).
And yes, Pharrell's giant hat made an appearance as well.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 28, 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week