- Awards Show Roundup April 14
With categories that include honors like "Best #WTF Moment" and "Best Scared-As-S**t Performance," it's safe to say that the MTV Movie Awards aren't the most prestigious night in Hollywood. But if the real goal is to provide buzzy, GIF-able moments for the internet to pore over the following day, last night's ceremony was an undeniable success. There was a new X-Men clip and a shirtless Zack Efron, but the standout moment came at the very beginning, when host Conan O'Brien gathered pretty much every celebrity you can imagine for a five-minute video intro.
"What's the record for most celebrity cameos in an MTV Movie Awards open?" asks Conan. After hearing that Jean-Claude Van Damme set the record with a measly eight cameos in 1992, Conan vowed to land no less than 50. "Who cares about funny?" asked Conan. "Kids don't laugh anymore. They see celebrities and they go, 'Woo!'"
Count your own "woos" as Conan tracks down everyone from Andy Samberg to Seth Rogen to… well, we'll let you see for yourself. -Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week