- Quotables April 14
Indiana Jones became one of American cinema's most iconic heroes on the basis of a few key traits: a fedora, a whip, and an all-consuming fear of snakes. As it turns out, that last one required some extra acting from star Harrison Ford, who recently confessed that he's actually a fan of the slithery reptiles.
In a recent "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit, Ford revealed his true feelings. "I actually like snakes!" he wrote. "When I was young, I was a Boy Scout nature camp counselor, and one of our projects was collecting snakes and creating an environment for them, so I'm quite familiar with snakes and think they're fantastic creatures."
For more from Harrison's AMA — including his thoughts on the proposed Blade Runner sequel and the movie quote fans ask him to say the most — click over to Reddit.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week