- Quotables April 14
Indiana Jones became one of American cinema's most iconic heroes on the basis of a few key traits: a fedora, a whip, and an all-consuming fear of snakes. As it turns out, that last one required some extra acting from star Harrison Ford, who recently confessed that he's actually a fan of the slithery reptiles.
In a recent "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit, Ford revealed his true feelings. "I actually like snakes!" he wrote. "When I was young, I was a Boy Scout nature camp counselor, and one of our projects was collecting snakes and creating an environment for them, so I'm quite familiar with snakes and think they're fantastic creatures."
For more from Harrison's AMA — including his thoughts on the proposed Blade Runner sequel and the movie quote fans ask him to say the most — click over to Reddit.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week