- Quotables April 14
Indiana Jones became one of American cinema's most iconic heroes on the basis of a few key traits: a fedora, a whip, and an all-consuming fear of snakes. As it turns out, that last one required some extra acting from star Harrison Ford, who recently confessed that he's actually a fan of the slithery reptiles.
In a recent "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit, Ford revealed his true feelings. "I actually like snakes!" he wrote. "When I was young, I was a Boy Scout nature camp counselor, and one of our projects was collecting snakes and creating an environment for them, so I'm quite familiar with snakes and think they're fantastic creatures."
For more from Harrison's AMA — including his thoughts on the proposed Blade Runner sequel and the movie quote fans ask him to say the most — click over to Reddit.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week