- Quotables April 14
Indiana Jones became one of American cinema's most iconic heroes on the basis of a few key traits: a fedora, a whip, and an all-consuming fear of snakes. As it turns out, that last one required some extra acting from star Harrison Ford, who recently confessed that he's actually a fan of the slithery reptiles.
In a recent "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit, Ford revealed his true feelings. "I actually like snakes!" he wrote. "When I was young, I was a Boy Scout nature camp counselor, and one of our projects was collecting snakes and creating an environment for them, so I'm quite familiar with snakes and think they're fantastic creatures."
For more from Harrison's AMA — including his thoughts on the proposed Blade Runner sequel and the movie quote fans ask him to say the most — click over to Reddit.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week