- This just in April 14
Yesterday's deadly shootings at a Jewish community center in Kansas City will be probed as a hate crime by federal prosecutors. The Justice Department confirmed that it will investigate whether federal hate crimes were committed when 73-year-old suspect Fraizer Glenn Miller allegedly killed three people while yelling Nazi salutes.
In a statement, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said his department will help "determine whether the federal hate crime statue is implicated in this case." Miller, who has connections to a South Carolina Ku Klux Klan group, is expected to appear in court today at 2:30 p.m.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week