- This just in April 14
Yesterday's deadly shootings at a Jewish community center in Kansas City will be probed as a hate crime by federal prosecutors. The Justice Department confirmed that it will investigate whether federal hate crimes were committed when 73-year-old suspect Fraizer Glenn Miller allegedly killed three people while yelling Nazi salutes.
In a statement, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said his department will help "determine whether the federal hate crime statue is implicated in this case." Miller, who has connections to a South Carolina Ku Klux Klan group, is expected to appear in court today at 2:30 p.m.- - Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week