- high times April 14
For some people in Colorado, buying weed is going to be as easy as getting food for their munchies. On Monday, a pot distribution company called American Green unveiled a vending machine — dubbed "Zazz" — that might soon be filled with weed-filled snacks if it receives government approval.
The vending machine is meant to cut down on theft and lost inventory, said Greg Honan, who will stock it with products from his medical dispensary. "We're [going to] eliminate the middle man. It'll go straight from the budtender right into our machine," he said.
But the machine won't be like the one at your office — buyers will need to swipe their medical marijuana card and ID to make a purchase.
Watch it in action at KDVR-TV. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
Subscribe to the Week