- high times April 14
For some people in Colorado, buying weed is going to be as easy as getting food for their munchies. On Monday, a pot distribution company called American Green unveiled a vending machine — dubbed "Zazz" — that might soon be filled with weed-filled snacks if it receives government approval.
The vending machine is meant to cut down on theft and lost inventory, said Greg Honan, who will stock it with products from his medical dispensary. "We're [going to] eliminate the middle man. It'll go straight from the budtender right into our machine," he said.
But the machine won't be like the one at your office — buyers will need to swipe their medical marijuana card and ID to make a purchase.
Watch it in action at KDVR-TV. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Immigration, charity, and conservatives' unholy assault on Glenn Beck
Subscribe to the Week