- high times April 14
For some people in Colorado, buying weed is going to be as easy as getting food for their munchies. On Monday, a pot distribution company called American Green unveiled a vending machine — dubbed "Zazz" — that might soon be filled with weed-filled snacks if it receives government approval.
The vending machine is meant to cut down on theft and lost inventory, said Greg Honan, who will stock it with products from his medical dispensary. "We're [going to] eliminate the middle man. It'll go straight from the budtender right into our machine," he said.
But the machine won't be like the one at your office — buyers will need to swipe their medical marijuana card and ID to make a purchase.
Watch it in action at KDVR-TV. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
Subscribe to the Week