- high times April 14
For some people in Colorado, buying weed is going to be as easy as getting food for their munchies. On Monday, a pot distribution company called American Green unveiled a vending machine — dubbed "Zazz" — that might soon be filled with weed-filled snacks if it receives government approval.
The vending machine is meant to cut down on theft and lost inventory, said Greg Honan, who will stock it with products from his medical dispensary. "We're [going to] eliminate the middle man. It'll go straight from the budtender right into our machine," he said.
But the machine won't be like the one at your office — buyers will need to swipe their medical marijuana card and ID to make a purchase.
Watch it in action at KDVR-TV. -- Jordan Valinsky
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week