- Watch this April 14
Pharrell Williams has now joined the ranks of celebrities who can say, "I cried with Oprah." On Sunday's episode of Oprah Prime, Winfrey showed Williams videos created by fans featuring his hit "Happy." The fact that so many people around the world — the montage included clips from Germany, Senegal, Taiwan, and Malawi — felt a connection to his song was too much for Williams.
"It's overwhelming," he said through his tears. "I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that people have believed in me for so long, that I could make it to this point, to feel that."
Winfrey was quick with a response that likely helped choke him up even more: "I so now get why it's so infectious, because it came from such a clear space, that the energy was absolutely uninterrupted by anything other than allowing it to flow from heart to heart." Watch the video below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week