- Watch this April 14
Pharrell Williams has now joined the ranks of celebrities who can say, "I cried with Oprah." On Sunday's episode of Oprah Prime, Winfrey showed Williams videos created by fans featuring his hit "Happy." The fact that so many people around the world — the montage included clips from Germany, Senegal, Taiwan, and Malawi — felt a connection to his song was too much for Williams.
"It's overwhelming," he said through his tears. "I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that people have believed in me for so long, that I could make it to this point, to feel that."
Winfrey was quick with a response that likely helped choke him up even more: "I so now get why it's so infectious, because it came from such a clear space, that the energy was absolutely uninterrupted by anything other than allowing it to flow from heart to heart." Watch the video below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- Summer movie guide: All the films you should see in August
Subscribe to the Week