- Watch this April 14
Pharrell Williams has now joined the ranks of celebrities who can say, "I cried with Oprah." On Sunday's episode of Oprah Prime, Winfrey showed Williams videos created by fans featuring his hit "Happy." The fact that so many people around the world — the montage included clips from Germany, Senegal, Taiwan, and Malawi — felt a connection to his song was too much for Williams.
"It's overwhelming," he said through his tears. "I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that people have believed in me for so long, that I could make it to this point, to feel that."
Winfrey was quick with a response that likely helped choke him up even more: "I so now get why it's so infectious, because it came from such a clear space, that the energy was absolutely uninterrupted by anything other than allowing it to flow from heart to heart." Watch the video below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
Subscribe to the Week