- Watch this April 14
Pharrell Williams has now joined the ranks of celebrities who can say, "I cried with Oprah." On Sunday's episode of Oprah Prime, Winfrey showed Williams videos created by fans featuring his hit "Happy." The fact that so many people around the world — the montage included clips from Germany, Senegal, Taiwan, and Malawi — felt a connection to his song was too much for Williams.
"It's overwhelming," he said through his tears. "I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that people have believed in me for so long, that I could make it to this point, to feel that."
Winfrey was quick with a response that likely helped choke him up even more: "I so now get why it's so infectious, because it came from such a clear space, that the energy was absolutely uninterrupted by anything other than allowing it to flow from heart to heart." Watch the video below. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week